I'm the author of Being You: A Girl's Guide to Mindfulness, a workbook for teen girls on mindfulness, compassion and self-acceptance.
And I'm the founder of MindfulTeachers.org, which features:
- activities for teaching mindfulness, compassion, gratitude, and social-emotional skills; and
- self-care resources for educators and other helping professionals.
Here are a few of my favorite posts:
- Three Challenging Questions About the Benefits of Mindfulness
- Realistic Self-Care: 12 Key Questions to Figure Out What Works for YOU
- Realistic Self-Care: Is It Possible to Keep All the Balls in the Air?
- How Christians and Buddhists Can Teach Each Other About Mindfulness
And here are links to my guest posts:
Prufrock Press blog:
- Author Q&A: Catharine Hannay Talks Mindfulness for Teachers and Teens
- 3 Ways Mindfulness Can Benefit Gifted Girls
Center for Adolescent Studies blog:
- An INCRAmental Approach to Building Rapport with Youth
- How Our Own ACEs Impact Trauma Work with Youth
- Three Useful Counseling Skills for Teachers
- Four Ways to Improve Difficult Relationships with Youth
- Add a Culturally-Aware Lens to Your Trauma-Informed Toolkit
- Three Tips for Working with Limited English Proficiency Youth
- Four Tips for Culturally-Sensitive Teaching