- resources for teaching mindfulness, compassion, gratitude, and social-emotional skills; and
- self-care resources for educators and other helping professionals.
I'm also a regular contributor to the Center for Adolescent Studies (CAS) blog. I've put links to my essays for Mindful Teachers and CAS on the Blog Posts page.
My first book, Being You: A Girl's Guide to Mindfulness, is a workbook for teen girls on mindfulness, compassion and self-acceptance.
You can see the table of contents, with sample passages and activities, on the Being You page.
And you can find supplemental teaching resources for Being You on the Downloads and Links page.
If you're interested in my teaching experience and academic credentials:
- BA in Literary Studies from Middlebury College;
- MS in Communications from Syracuse University; and
- MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from American University.
- I spent 20 years teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language to adolescents and adults at:
- Georgetown University's Center for Language Education and Development;
- Osaka International University (joint program with Georgetown Unversity);
- George Washington University;
- American University; and
- as a volunteer for programs serving immigrants and refugees.